Legacy Communications was tasked with launching Social Media Live a one-day festival where the contentious questions around social media will be debated via a host of inspiring, exciting and global speakers and creators.
The task was to create +execute an exciting and teaser style launch campaign with the focal point of a stunt involving 25 virtual reality headset wearing “robots” descending on Dublin city centre from rush hour to lunchtime.
We needed to create intrigue and major talkability and then engage a big reveal across social media about the purpose of the stunt. We deployed a number of highly effective tactics to drive maximum talkability and excitement which included:
- Engaging a series of high profile and authentic instagrammers including Igers; I come undone; Dublin by Night; Raw Dublin; Dublin snap; Dublin City Shots;
- Engaging Lovin Dublin as our media partner with a carefully developed + managed brief around driving the content with intrigue and by asking questions and then revealing
- Working with a series of photographers + videographers to capture and seed out imagery from the stunt in a cloak and dagger manner
- Deploying traditional media tactics around the big reveal including press release and press photography
- The launch campaign was an absolute success with the stunt capturing the imagination of the commuting public, results included
- #socialmedialive trending for several hours on launch day
- Over 958, 481 different opportunities to see or hear about #socialmedialive landing via online, print and social channels
- Intriguing and engaging content coming from all partners including Lovin’ Dublin and our Instagram partners
- Several impressive stunt images appearing in print the following day including ½ pages in the Sun + Mirror
- Published: 08/27/2017
- Service: WordPress
- Client: Facebook Inc.